Joining the County Fair
NDSU Extension Agent
By Jackie Buckley
Dates to Remember
July 31-Aug 3 – Morton County Fair, New Salem
Aug. 5 – Farm Bill Training for Extension Staff in Dickinson
Aug. 6 – Poultry Testing, Grant County Fairgrounds, Carson
Come to the Morton County Fair this Weekend
The 54th Annual Morton County Fair will be held in New Salem July 31- Aug. 3, in New Salem. The fair will kick off with 4-H General Achievement Day on Thursday, July 31. All of the static 4-H Exhibits will be judged on the 31. In addition, the Morton County 4-H Horse Show will be held on the 31, starting at 10 a.m.
Advance fair passes are available at the Morton County Extension office and at the following merchants in New Salem: Security First Bank, Rud’s Tesoro, Cenex of New Salem and Capital Credit Union in New Salem.
The 4-H Livestock Achievement Day will be held on Friday, Aug. 1. The 4-H Livestock Judging will begin at 8:30 a.m. The 4-H Livestock Premium Sale will be held at 5 p.m. on Aug. 1
Friday Aug. 1
• An NDRA Rodeo will be held at – 6:30 p.m.
• 32 Below – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday Aug. 2
• Open Class Livestock Show – 8:30 am.
• Barrel Racing – 11 a.m.
• Entertainment – Miss Bows Messy Mania, Rock Princess, Magic of Keith Raymond, Iron Will-sled Dog Presentation
• Games Galore 1-5 p.m., Race Care Simulator, Photo Booth TOO!
• Morton County Power Pull – 6 p.m.
• NDRA Rodeo, 6:30 p.m. – with Muttin’ Bustin’
• Dance – Redline – 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 3
• Gospel Hour – 10:30 a.m.
• Entertainment – Miles of Smiles, Iron Will-Sled Dog Presentation, Marv Zander, Hanson Family
• Free Noon Meal
• Ranch Rodeo – 1 p.m.
• Antique Tractor Pull – 1 p.m.
There will be many other activities and events going on at the fair. Join us in New Salem July 31-Aug.3. Check your local fair paper for a more complete schedule or visit us online at www.co.morton.nd.us or look for a complete schedule on the Morton County Fair Facebook page.