Mandan Independence Day Parade to honor ‘Our Home – North Dakota’ (scheduled included)
On Thursday, July 4, at 10:30 a.m., tens of thousands of spectators from around the world will line the streets of Mandan to celebrate Independence Day with the region’s largest parade.
The Parade, themed “Our Home – North Dakota,” will feature the pageantry and tradition of high-stepping equestrians, spirited marching bands and numerous other displays.
Free busing starts at 7 a.m. and will run continuously from three places in Bismarck and the middle school in Mandan.
The Mandan Road Race begins at 8 a.m. and will be run right on Main Street. This 5K run-walk will start at the Mandan Depot and anyone can participate.
The Classic Car parade will start at Midway Lanes on The Strip” and will travel west onto Main Street at 10:30 a.m.
The “World’s Longest” Macarena Dance will start at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to take part and help Mandan set a world record for the fourth consecutive year.
A special three-hour broadcast will also be heard on all of Main Street starting at 8 a.m. on Cool 98.7 FM.
For more information, go online to mandanparade.com.
Fourth of July Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 29
• “The Event” at Huff Hills, extreme obstacle 3-mile race. Enjoy a day of sport, food, fun, music and more.
Tuesday, July 2
• 8 a.m. - Slack rodeo competition, 8 a.m. (timed-event contestant overflow), Dacotah Centennial Park. Free admission.
• Townsquare Media Radio Rodeo Feed, 5 p.m. Free with rodeo ticket. Children’s activities.
• Mandan PRCA Rodeo, 7:30 p.m., Dacotah Centennial Park. Family Night Rodeo Performance, $2 off each child’s ticket (12 and under) with purchase of an adult ticket.
• Bike and Trike Parade, West Main Street, Mandan.
Wednesday, July 3
• Art in the Park – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., located in Dykshoorn Park and Heritage Park on West Main Street.
• Double M Helicopter Rides – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., located west of McDonalds on Third Street S.E. Tour the Missouri and Heart river valleys. Fly over the parade route.
• Moose Lodge Pitchfork Fondue, 4 p.m., 111 11th Avenue N.E.
• Doll and Pet Parade, 6 p.m., Main Street by Dykshoorn Park. Open to children 11 years and younger, bring bikes, wagons, dolls and pets.
• All Class Reunion, 7 p.m., Heritage Park, Main Street
• Mandan PRCA Rodeo, 7:30 p.m., Dacotah Centennial Park. “Resistols & Wranglers” – be at the rodeo by 6:30 p.m. for a chance to win $1,000. Patriot Night – wear red, white and blue to support the U.S. military. Auction of guitar and “Studs & Guns” raffle with proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Thursday, July 4
• Mandan Rodeo Days 5K Walk & Run, Heritage Park Mandan Depot, race begins at 8 a.m. on Main Street.
• Street Festival, 8 a.m., enjoy bands, magic shows, cowboy action performers and other entertainers at various locations along Main Street intersections.
• Art in the Park, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., located in Dykshoorn Park and Heritage Park on West Main Street.
• Classic Car Parade, 9:45 a.m.
• World’s longest Macarena dance on Main Street, 10 a.m.
• Independence Day Street Parade, 10:30 a.m., Memorial Highway and Main Street
• Independence Day Golf Tourney, 12 p.m. noon, 2-person best ball, Prairie West Golf Course
• Double M Helicopter Rides – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., located west of McDonalds on Third Street S.E.
• Mandan PRCA Rodeo, 7:30 p.m., Dacotah Centennial Park. Independence Day Rodeo Performance. Miss Rodeo Mandan Queen and Princess Coronation. Gigantic fireworks display, 11 p.m.
Friday, July 5
• Military & Veterans Appreciation BBQ, Dykshoorn Park, Main Street